What to expect
Are you planning your first massage with us?
We want you to expect the BEST HOUR of your week, but you might also be interested in the following:
- Calling is the preferred method for booking appointments
- Our specialty massages, like Hot Stone and Barefoot, are limited and need to be booked prior to the visit to ensure we have the service available.
- If you are new to us, or it has been longer than 6 months, you can print your Client Intake Form with Appointment Policy from our Helpful Forms page.
- These forms are available in the lobby, if you would rather fill them out at the time of your visit. Just arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Once you have arrived and checked in, we will have you wait for just a few minutes while your student therapist reviews your folder.
- After he/she is ready they will greet you in the lobby and escort you to our clinic area and your private room.
- On the way they will introduce themselves and ask you a few questions. Make sure you let them know what you are looking for; what they should focus on, if there are any specific areas; and what they should avoid, if there are areas of concern for you.
- When you reach your room they will leave you alone for you to undress to your comfort level. The massage will remain modest at all times. The massage table will be made up with both a bottom and a top sheet. Once you have undressed to your comfort level, you will get on the massage table and cover yourself with the top sheet. Your student therapist will have informed you of the plan to start with you either facing up or down. Usually you will start face up, but your requested focus for the massage may change that. They will make sure you are ready before reentering the room.
- There is a table warmer beneath the bottom sheet which can be adjusted for your comfort. Also, if you feel cold, your student can add an extra sheet for warmth. Just let your student therapist know.
- As your therapist moves through your massage only the part of the body they are working on will be uncovered. They are trained in draping that should keep you modest throughout the massage. We want to make sure you experience a great professional-style massage. If you would like more or less pressure at any time during your massage, quietly inform your student therapist and they will adjust their pressure.
- When your student therapist is done they will let you know and then exit the room before you get up. Take your time, you may be lightheaded. Once you are dressed you may exit the room where your student therapist, also known as your new best friend, will be waiting to escort you to the lobby.
- Student review forms are available in the lobby. Review forms are optional.
- If you liked our services, you can book your next appointment before leaving.
We look forward to seeing you. Thank you for choosing Alpha School of Massage.